Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CDR Tony Troup - Remobilized for 1 Year

Friends,

I've again received orders for mobilzation for 1 year starting 26 September 2008. This entry catches up starting on day one of my travels....


Well I reported for active duty yesterday at NOSC Indianapolis, IN.

I checked in to NOSC Indianapolis (Navy Operational Support Center, formally “reserve center”) yesterday morning and got everything knocked out that I think I needed to do before I head down to Norfolk, VA NMPS (I report there on Monday, the mobilization center). I spent all of about 3 hours there going through an ECRC checklist (Expeditionary Combat Readiness Command) checklist to ensure I have everything I need medically/administratively for when I report to NMPS (the mobilization site in Norfolk). I’ll be in Norfolk for about the next 2 weeks, then off to Fort Riley, Kansas for some Army training.

I had everything checked off except Yellow Fever shots and a hearing test and eye test so I’ll get those in Norfolk. Thankfully I’ll NOT be needing Anthrax vaccinations (a series of 6 shots).
Checked my military email and offloaded it to my thumb drive then wrapped it up at the NOSC. After I left NOSC and got back to my room, read a bit and watched a few recorded shows via the internet from my Slingbox at home (great technology by the way!). Then last night I went out to dinner with Rodney Retzner (my XO at my unit at Indy) who graciously sported for dinner at Outback. When we were leaving I showed him my new “vanity” plates I was fortunate to get the day before I left (ordered them back in July) which are Illinois Notre Dame alumni plates emblazoned with “NAVY” as my tag number – really surprised that was available but it’s fantastic. I also packed a laptop and a webcam so add me to your Skype account and I’ll connect with you if I can.

I’ll be sending out notes as I go through this new adventure for the next 365 days or so. Should be, if nothing else, interesting. Thanks for all the support from my friends and family on this next chapter for me and my family.

Off I go – talk to you all soon.

Tony E. TroupCDR USN630-561-9691 (cell)tonytroup@onebox.com or ttroup@gmail.com (h)tony.e.troup@navy.mil (mil)
SKYPE: cdr.tony.e.troup
AIM: tonytroup

No comments: